Orthokeratology (ortho-k) is the fitting of specially designed gas permeable contact lens for overnight wear. While you are asleep, the lenses gently reshape the front surface of your eye (cornea) so you can see clearly the following day after you remove the lenses when you wake up. Only highly “breathable” GP lenses that have been approved for overnight wear is use for orthokeratology.
- To correct refractive errors
- To slow the progression of childhood myopia
Benefits from Ortho-K lenses are:
- Wearing Ortho-K lenses is a non-surgical vision correction treatment and does not come with the risk associated with vision correction surgery
- The treatment is reversible is the patient stops wearing Ortho-K lenses.
- Eliminates the need for eye glasses or contact lenses during the day – Vision freedom
Suitable for :
- Children with progressing myopia
- Adults with active lifestyle.
- Adults who are not suitable for LASIK.
- Short-sighted (myopia) not more than -7.00
- Astigmatism not more than -4.00
- Others (result from advance eye assessment result)
For more information and assessment please contact Vantage Vision Care Optometrist at +603-7832 6779 or email us at email@example.com